Friday, July 4, 2008

Missing you Boston

So, it's the 4th of July. Truly one of my favorite holidays, not because I am particularly patriotic but because I find bright lights in the sky to be ever so romantic. Even since I was a small child, I found the fireworks of 4th of July to be a dutiful reminder of love. Don't ask me how I got it all twisted in my head, but it had something to do with Chesapeake Bay.....

The 4th always makes me miss Boston, and right now I am very jealous of all of you standing on the shore of the Charles, listening to the Pops and watching the brilliant display. One of the best nights of my life (and one of the times I truly felt the most connected to so many strangers) was with Melissa and Troy when we ran down to the river to catch the show. This, of course, was less than a year after 911, so I think it was an incredibly emotional time for everyone. Nonetheless, if I had the money and the time, I would be there right now watching the show and breathing in that city I love to love.

I don't mean to start any wars here, but no city does the 4th like Boston. Last year I watched it on TV and...yes...cried.

If you are ever get the chance, hit that city up on the 4th. You'll be so glad you did.

No comments: